05 December 2005

insult to injury

in the last post i talked about how my writing has trickled to a near stop. and those few poems that i am able to squeeze out aren't worth much (in my opinion). well, today i received some confirmation of that. i sent three of my recent poems to Poultry Broadside, also mentioned in the last post, and received a reply today that all were rejected. the editor said that they were "almost there, but not quite".
that's the story of my life: almost there, but not quite.
whether i'm trying to write poetry, successfully do my job, pleasure my wife or appear suave, the end result is always the same. almost there, but not quite.
oh well. he did say i could try him again in a few months. but, i'm not sure what makes him think i'll be fully there in a few months.

1 comment:

j.b said...

chris-
hey, cool. thanks for the kind words. i actually received my copies today, too. good stuff in there, despite my inane ramblings. i'm glad you liked the poem. still not sure about it. but, thank you!