06 September 2006

i LOVE mail...and an eerily prescient title

in today's mail was a fine package from S.A. Griffin, venerable poet, artist, actor living in Los Angeles. in the package were a heft stack of his fabulous one-sheet journal MEAT, issue #10, with my poem our current president included. i'm honored to be included in issue #10. some great poems by Mr. Griffin, Ann Menebroker, Scott Wannberg, and others.

and, while reading through the previous posts on this blog (yes, i'm a vain egoist and i read my own posts from time to time), just before writing this, i noticed the eerily appropriate title to the post regarding my wife's own health issues: "the terror of your heart ripped from your solar plexis". it wasn't my heart that was ripped out during this ordeal, but a small hole.


my wife has that hole now. like e.e. cummings she carries my heart in her heart.

4 comments:

Kat said...

justin,

Someone, I think John Dorsey, sent me Meat last year sometime. (That sounds SO odd!) And Mr. Griffin (Love that name!) was in Chris' issue of "remark.". He seems very cool. In fact, I'm a little intimidated by him! But wish he'd send stuff for "remark.".

:)

j.b said...

hehe...he sent you MEAT.

SA is a good guy. very nice. don't be intimidated.

Bill - Bottle of Smoke Press said...

Hi Kat,
Ask him and he'll probably send you some poems. He does not send them out much otherwise.

He is a good guy.

Hell, come to Cleveland at the end of October for levyfest and meet him. Also John Dorsey, C. Allen Rearick, t.l. kryss, and a bunch of other poets. It will be a great weekend!

Bill

Kat said...

Bill,

I will ask him.

I would love to come to Cleveland but you know, kids, husbands, dogs....I have stuff to take care of here but maybe next year I can bring the whole family! The dog, too! :)