03 September 2005

i love this time of year

college football is here, and happier i could not be. i love it. plus, my beloved Florida Gators won today against a game Wyoming Cowboys team. the wife and i both get so hyped up during this time of year. each Saturday is devoted to nothing but football. and, this year will be no different. my Gators have a brand new coach and everything points to a us having a great season. i certainly hope so.

i've been getting a few calls recently from some people at my old job with problems and issues they need help with. i told them to call me if anything were to come up, and i meant it. i cared a lot for the people i was in charge of and with whom i worked directly, but all of these calls only let me know that i made the right decision to leave.

Monday is Labor Day and i don't have to go to work. hopefully, the rest of you (in America) have the day off as well. enjoy yourselves!

4 comments:

Kat said...

I think I told you my neighbors are Gator people, too. They do the whole football thing, too. Sorry...I wouldn't know a Gator from a Seminole. ;)

Have a nice long weekend. It's our 19th anniversary on Tuesday! :) Seems like '86 was just two minutes ago! :)

j.b said...

Kat-
well, a gator is a large reptile common to Florida. a Seminole is one of the countless tribes of American Indians that thrived in the continent before the arrival of the white man.
a Gator is also the mascot for the University of Florida. their colors are orange and blue. a Seminole is the mascot for Florida State University. their colors are garnet and gold. they are bitter rivals. :)

chris-
paid holidays are the best. they seem to be so few and far between, though.

Kat said...

justin,

I was sort of teasing...I made the mistake of buying my neighbor's newborn a Seminole shirt rather than a Gator one! ooops!

Now I know!

Chris,

Paid holidays are good if you do something that people pay you to do!

Ignore me...in a strange mood today!

j.b said...

Kat-
oooh. that is NOT a mistake you want to make. the colors garnet and gold very likely will induce severe vomiting and apoplexy in a Florida Gator, who's more accustomed to the beautiful and aesthetically pleasing orange and blue.

also, paid holidays are always good regardless! ;)