30 June 2006

computer problems

well, it appears the old computer finally crapped out on me. actually, it's running fine, but there seems to be an issue with it communicating with the modem. i called my ISP because i was unable to access the internet or obtain the emails on their servers. the technician said she could "ping" my modem and everything looked fine, that it was getting a signal, but my computer wasn't receiving anything. i'm still not sure if it's a modem or computer issue.

our computer is old, though, so we are going to look into getting another and i'll probably end up using this old one for writing on.

what this means, however, is that i will be unable to answer any of your emails, will only be able to access the internet from work (and in small batches of time, like right now) and will not be able to upload my Background Noise posts for Upright Against The Savage Heavens until Monday mornings. i hope to get a new computer soon and i hope even more that this is what the problem is. with this and the upcoming move, i'll probably be a bit scarce. even email-wise.

if i owe you an email, please understand my dilemma and know that i will get to it when i can.

10 comments:

Kat said...

Good luck with the computer problems and the upcoming move.

I'm sure everyone understands!

:)

Anonymous said...

begin transmission

This is the first in a series of mysterious problems that will be occurring to your various computer/tv/stereo equipment. Don't be surprised if you find other electronic devices suddenly not working.

Agent REDACTED of the Ministry for REDACTED REDACTED has confirmed with me that you should expect more REDACTED, sabotage, and REDACTED REDACTED.

Expect the worst and you probably won't be disappointed.

end transmission

Luis said...

Frimp, leave my friend's computer alone.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if it was your doing that has my printer on the fritz.

Anonymous said...

begin transmission

.45Freedom here.
You bet your sweet ass it's us.

end transmission

Luis said...

My printer is working now. So there!

j.b said...

Owen-
and you read all 3 paragraphs? who's more pathetic?! ;)

Luis-
glad your printer is working. hopefully Agent .45Freedom leaves you alone.

Anonymous said...

begin transmission

I will not only leave Mr. Berriozabal alone, but I will also step up our surveillance and sabotage activities just for that comment!

end transmission

Luis said...

Bring it on, as Lex Luther or
Dear Leader said.

Actually, it was my mistake for
the printer. Don't go taking
credit for what you didn't do.
I do suspect you're the ones sending all those damned gnats loose at my cubicle at work and for turning off the air conditioning. I thought I was in hell all week. As for those gnats trying to fly in my eye, I don't appreciate those little spies doing that. But I guess that's what you mean by stepping up sabotage activities.

j.b said...

Owen-
i know...just kidding myself. though you are more pathetic than i, but only just a smidge.

as for Kat, yes she is the kindest, most supportive person. though, i've heard she has a bit of temper and it's best not to cross her. i don't know, but it's what i heard! :)

Luis-
you better watch it, man. you're playing with fire!

j.b said...

ha!
smidge. i was actually trying to make myself feel better. we're equally pathetic! ;)