03 December 2008

issue 1

this is the most awesome thing ever.
a 3,785-page PDF poetry collection, featuring old and contemporary poets. some familiar names in this thing. some unfamiliar (which is to be expected considering it contains poems by so many poets). oh, what's so great? not a single featured poet wrote the poem that their credited for.

so, who wrote all these poems? a computer, apparently.

it's a farce.
and it's glorious.

the poetry sucks, but the comments from some of the writers at the end of the announcement page are worth their weight in gold. you just got punked, sucka!

6 comments:

christopher cunningham said...

funny, in that I ACTUALLY WROTE ALL THOSE POEMS and received NO CREDIT AT ALL. this will not stand. I mean, jesus a man spends half a lifetime writing three thousand pages of brilliance and then it gets chopped up and attributed to these nobody punks whom nobody has heard of ever, i'm pretty sure.

ALL YOUR POEMS ARE BELONG TO ME. and the For Godot people, I guess...

H. said...

I knew right away it was a hoax. Wanna know how?

No Lyn Lifshin!

1979 semi-finalist said...

Wow. Just. Wow.

Anonymous said...

This thing crashes my Abobe Reader every time I open it! :(


-- Glenn

Casey Rearick said...

As for me, I felt truly honored to be published with all those fine people.

j.b said...

i'm glad i wasn't, because i'm damn certain the poem the computer would've come up with for me would've been infinitely better than anything i had written myself. and i can't deal with that reality.