09 July 2005

women love me, fish fear me

went fishing today. in the beautiful Uinta mountains of north central Utah (a few hours east of Salt Lake City). i hadn't been fishing in years, but it was fun. the wife joined me as we went with a couple of friends (Teresa and Mike). Mike turned out to be a fishing savant, and caught some dozen fish or so. i caught only one, but it was the FIRST one of the day (we were fishing for rainbow, cutthroat and brook trouts). my wife and Teresa caught zero each. regardless, it was a fun and beautiful day in the mountains. there was still snow on the ground, which is so odd when it's the middle of the summer.

all signs are pointing to me getting the job i interviewed for earlier this week. i got a call yesterday from the company wanting me to come in to fill out a background check release form. i filled it out, spoke with the Director of HR for the company, and assuming my background check pans out i believe it'll be mine (let's hope they don't Google me and find my website or this blog). the only thing left after that will be salary negotiations, which i hope will be short and sweet.
the wife and i played poker last night. our friend, Dave, held a night of three tournaments. i came in second the first one (winning $20), got out early in the second (winning nothing) and came in third in the last, and biggest, one (winning $45). unfortunately, my wife was out early in all three. but, after both of our buy-ins, which totaled $50, we walked away with $15 profit. not bad. plus, it was fun.

tomorrow, i'm sleeping in. i have plans to write a little, but i've had plans to write a little for a couple of months now so i'm not expecting much (or anything) at all.

No comments: