03 August 2006

new website

i'm working diligently on the new Guerilla Poetics Project website. i've got 90% of it done. only thing left is to add the distilled manifesto and the rest of the biographies of the participating poets.

check it out and let me know what you think.

also, the first 4 poems have been chosen for the GPP, and I'm proud to say one of mine was in that 4. my poem "like fireworks" will be GPP Broadside #001, and is currently being worked on by Bill Roberts. hopefully, it'll be in the hands of the GPP Operatives shortly. the other 3 poems chosen were by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal, Hosho McCreesh and Karl Koweski. congrats, guys, and i'm itching to get all of them out into the paperbacks!

check out the GPP blog to see the final results of the first voting process.

7 comments:

Kat said...

justin,

The site looks great. You have been working hard! It shows!

Congrats on being the first one! Can't wait to get them and start sticking them in books! :)

Very exciting and very cool!

j.b said...

thanks, Kat.

gonna be a hoot for sure. i'm very excited about getting started on this badboy.

i got my stores picked out. and my books. i'm ready to go.

Luis said...

J.B.

Are you going to the BYU library?

j.b said...

ha!
good one.
man, would that be a waste of time. i wonder if the BYU library has Bukowski? i should check it out sometime. i've never thought of that.

hilarious.

Luis said...

subversive mormons j.b.
or perhaps you have to go to Utah or Utah State.

I found this great little city library, near where I work, and they had 4 Bukowski books, I checked one out and figure to hit one of the three with Fireworks, and a Wanda Coleman, who can write the shit out of page...

The librarian gave me a small handout of all the addresses of every city library in LA County... I wonder if this was a sign?

I never even thought of asking for the handout, didn't know they had one. Many of these are near my routes when I visit clients.

Kat said...

Not sure if anyone is still reading this but I am right across the street from the library in my new town. I haven't gone yet but I am hoping to go as soon as possible. I can't wait to see what they have but I must remember this is STILL the south even though it's not Florida. And I must remember that it's actually MORE south than Florida if that makes sense to anyone. :)

Luis said...

Kat:

I'm sure they haven't burnt all the good books down there.