17 July 2005

packing

we've started packing up the house since we're putting it on the market in a couple of weeks. i got most of my books boxed up. damn, i have got a lot of these fuckers. i need to go down to the used bookstore and get rid of some of them.
i haven't even started on my little basement writing room. that's going to take forever, with all the poetry books, magazines, anthologies, etc. etc. piled up down there. hell, my stack of rejections alone weighs about ten pounds. my stack of acceptances is considerably smaller and weighs on the order of three or four pounds.

the wife has gotten most of the basement (save the writing room) in order (i.e. trash, donate, save) and we are well on our way to getting this place halfway decent-looking. the two of us are so stressed out right now, worrying about finding a short-term lease apartment, selling this house, getting the new house built. it's all a bit too much right now.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Moving IS really stressful. I've done three cross country moves and all I can say is...try to relax...I know it's hard but it will all work out okay. I'll keep sending good vibes.

I still have five boxes of books to unpack and I moved here in 2003! :)

j.b said...

i've moved many times in my life, too. they all sucked, but they all worked out. the stress sucks, but it'll be worth it.

you still haven't unpacked those boxes of books?! wha? you better get on that. unless, that is, you are using them for seating. or your dining room table. then, maybe keeping them boxed up is best.