19 July 2005

work stuff

i haven't posted anything on here in awhile about my job situation. well, things have certainly gotten crazy at my current job. if you recall, i was talking to an HR representative about the current state of my department and about how i am looking for another job and expecting an offer soon. well, this guy went to the big, big boss and told him what would happen to my department if i left. the big, big boss told his subordinates, and the HR guy, to do whatever they need to do to fix my department and to retain me.
i was called into my boss's boss's office yesterday and given the reassurance that things will change. i will be given all of my demands (like i'm some kind of criminal holding someone hostage) and was then told that i will be getting a huge raise. i was flabbergasted.
suffice it say, things still need to change, but it appears the feathers of the right birds were ruffled and all of these things are now in the process of changing. the raise helps, too. i will most likely stay at my current job, unless the offer from the company that was courting me turns out to be something i cannot turn down.

speaking of this other company. it took a little while to hear anything from them, but i got a call this afternoon about a discrepency on my application. the background check came out squeaky clean (as i knew it would, though i suppose they missed this blog and my website) but i mentioned that i worked for my current company since December, 1999. this was actually wrong. in reality, i worked for a temp service from December, 1999 to March, 2000, at which point i was hired on full time by my current company. i now have to find a contact of this temp service to verify my employment. i suppose this means that the company is interested in me, and once this discrepency is cleared up i will be offered. so much crazy shit has gone down the last few days i don't even want to speculate about what the offer might contain. i'll update when/if things progress.

No comments: