14 July 2005

they're here

waiting on my doorstep when i got home from work was the package from Bottle of Smoke with the signature sheets to my book. being the nice guy Bill is, he also already bound 10 of my author copies for me (to start disseminating). thanks Bill. you'll get the signature sheets tomorrow.

Bill announced the release of my book, today, too. here's the announcement:

Bottle of Smoke Press is very proud to announce the release of
justin.barrett - 25 Best-Loved Poems of the Future
20 pages of poetry. Saddle-stitched wraps;
ISBN: 0-9759723-8-3
Limited to:
200 Trade copies $5 (+ $2 Shipping)
The first 50 are numbered, signed and come with a letterpressed broadside/checklist also signed by the author.
Available now.
To order, please pay with Paypal, or mail a check along with $2 postage (US) or $3 Postage (The rest of the world) to:

Bill Roberts
Bottle of Smoke Press
902 Wilson Drive
Dover, DE 19904

I accept paypal under the paypal id orders@bospress.net
Please visit our website for this and other great releases.
Shipping gladly combined. Please e-mail with any questions.

Distributor discounts available. Please inquire.

so, this means that the book is officially available for order. support the small press (and me) and order one, please.

well, i spoke to the HR guy this morning. he just wanted a clearer understanding of what exactly is going on in my department. i was very frank with him, telling him everything i could, and also letting it be known that i was actively looking (and interviewing) for jobs elsewhere. he was not happy with that, because he knows that without me my department will seize up like a rusty engine. i told him, too, that i needed some reassurance, if i were to stay, that certain things would happen (i.e. certain people would need to go). he assured me that the process is already in order, and he will be shaking some big trees (in other words, letting the big bosses know) to expedite the whole thing. he gave me a call in the afternoon and asked that i keep him abreast of any offers i might receive. things are beginning to progress, rumors are flying around the company and it might just work out where i won't need to get a new job (which is good as i've recently just surpassed the 5 year milestone and received an extra week of vacation; plus, the new house we are building will be close to this current job and the commute to the job i'm hoping to get would be over an hour from the new place.)

that's all. just remember to buy a copy of my new book.

6 comments:

Kat said...

That's so cool about the book. You know I'll be ordering one! :)

I hope that everything works out with your job. Work sucks. I'll send good vibes! :)

Kat said...

Happy Birthday! And if Chris is wrong than we both look like dumbasses! :)

j.b said...

nope, you guys aren't dumbasses (or at least you're not for this reason) ;). it is my birthday today. the big three-two. more about that in a future post coming soon.

oh, and thank you. you're both very kind! :)

Kat said...

The big three-two! HA! I have to laugh...This year...I'll be the big four-one! :) You're still young...you're in your thirties! You don't need a cane and Geritol yet, do you? ;)

j.b said...

the big four-one. Geritol? no, not yet. i do have an ulcer and arthritis already. i'll probably need to start supplementing my nutrition with Ensure and taking Centrum Silver multivitamins. i might only be 32, but damn if i don't feel 62 some days. and, i don't have any kids. i don't know how you guys do it. much respect and admiration for that.

Kat said...

The good thing is...we are so old now that the noise and the craziness from the kids doesn't make a dent! :)

I take Centrum vitamins already. I'm serious!