11 July 2006

and so continues the saga

we received a call from the mortgage company saying the would need to bump the closing to later in the day, today. so, we bumped it to 5:30. shortly after the first call, we got another that said we needed to move it to tomorrow.
apparently, they (the title company) didn't get a certain piece of paperwork (the addendum for the garage door opener) until earlier today and it takes--allegedly--a full fucking day to get it added to the paper.
what the fuck is wrong with this world? where are the people who care? where are the hard workers who give a fuck?
the wife and i juggled our already tight schedules so that we could close today. we don't have much vacation time or PTO saved and can't afford to take days off. it appears we have to because we are closing tomorrow at 11 a.m.
or, at least, this is the new date and time until something else comes along.

also, tomorrow at 9 a.m. i will be having our final walkthrough of the house. everything is done. i will be filling out the punch list to have errors fixed. there will always be errors on new homes, mostly minor ones, and the punch list will capture those so that the builder knows what needs to be fixed within 30 days to get it to the condition we agreed upon in the contract.

i have 2 hours to do a complete and thorough walkthrough and punchlist fill-out, then head over to close, then to work for half a day (or more).

jesus, those fuckers at the title company really fucked us over. half a day of work time lost, more aggravation, and to top it off, the fucking smarmy, little, dipshit mortgage officer we are dealing with had the NERVE to be curt and borderline angry with my wife when she voiced her anger at their delay. oh, that midget cocksucker ain't seen nothing yet. i can't wait to see him tomorrow. he'll have his hands full with me and Julee. oh, he'll most definitely have his hands full.

11 comments:

christopher cunningham said...

oh jesus, I'm glad I'm not a midget cocksucking dipshit smarmy little motherfucking mortgage hack tomorrow.

I thought I saw an ugly red glow on the western horizon tonight. I thought it was the oft-foretold apocalypse. but now I am bathed in the furious light of understanding.

sorry bout the crap you get to once more wade thru.

at least you get some shithead's neck veins to chew on. for strength.

BMcG said...

sorry for you and yours woes j – just hope soon that that white picket fence, flower garden, writing room in back, kids playing out front (kiddin), loads a beer in the fridge, full of love home will be legally yours – that you can nod goodbye to the shite, close the door of your castle, open a bottle and give a sigh of relief.


and on the posts and comments that have been fired up here of late may I just say that jesus on a popsicle you’re a bunch of very feckin scary people – I hope that I never get into an altercation with any of you – though I may live in the country that invented modern guerrilla warfare I feel that j and Chris bring a whole new meaning to the term ‘letter bomb’.

and on the subject of editors may I just say that our very own Kat has been one of the nicest I’ve dealt with.

Kat said...

justin-

Title company screwed us on the move here to Swampland. A WEEK! We had to wait a week for something. To be honest, I don't remember what (That's a good sign. Isn't there a Springsteen song with the line "Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny...") and to be really honest, I don't know what the hell is going on in a closing. Bill does. Thank God. But we were in a hotel for an extra WEEK! Waiting to close on this house. Imagine- a thirteen year old who is totally pissed off that we had to move, an 11 year old who has nothing to do all day and a 15 month old baby!!!!! It was awful but I'm sending good vibes that it happens when they say it will.

Brian-Thank you! You just made my whole day. :)

christopher cunningham said...

I second BCMG's comment: kat you are a gem of an editor. keep it up and I hope YOUR closing goes smoothly.

j.b said...

thanks guys.

well, things went like clockwork, for the very first time EVER.

walkthrough went well, only minor cosmetic things. we'll go again tomorrow morning to see the fixes have been made and we'll pick up our keys. movers come tomorrow and that'll be that.

the closing went well, though it seems simple intelligence is just missing in this feral world. both people facilitating the closing were dolts.

oh, and if you're wondering why i'm paying someone to move our shit, instead of doing it ourselves, it's because this is the 5th move in the 6 years we've been here and i'm tired of doing it myself. i'm weak (literally) and just want to sit back and watch steroid cases move my stuff for me. okay?!

anyway, thanks for the kind thoughts and now that we've got the place, you're all invited to a BBQ we're having this weekend. let me know if you can attend. :)

Kat said...

justin!

Yay! Hooray. And you don't have to explain movers to me. After the state hopping I've done, I'm tired, too. Ours will move us up to NC and then, I can almost bet we'll have them move us across the new town in NC sometime next year.

Christopher-Thank you. You and Brian just made my whole week. It was a shitty one and both of you thinking I'm nice (Something I try hard to be!) made it all okay!

:)

Ewww...just re-read that and I sound all sappy. I feel like a Care Bear!

j.b said...

okay...enough of the love fest. you're not THAT great, Kat! :)

just kidding. you are very nice. except when you're yelling at your kids.

or when you're flipping off the neighbors!

:)

Luis said...

Kat is the Ovaltine Queen!
And she is very nice, even
while flipping off the
neighbors...

What time is the BBQ?

j.b said...

she is nice. and so very Ovaltine!

BBQ starts at 4.
come one, come all!

you gonna be there, Luis? it'll be a blast. :)

Kat said...

justin-

I know I'm loud but you heard me yelling at them all the way in Utah?

And the only time I flipped off the neighbor was last July 4th when he was shooting fireworks at my house!

Luis-Yes, I am the Ovaltine Queen! Thank you for noticing!

Luis said...

JB:

I will be there in spirit, my friend. I would like to go to the BBQ though. Have a drink for me.
I have some back pain at the moment, not too bad. I was stopped at a red light on thursday when some dumbass cell phone dropping driver rammed my back bumper and slammed me into another car in front of me. I'm okay. But the past two mornings I've awakened with minor back pain.
He had no insurance and was from out of state on a rent-a-car. Probably sent by the NSA for France losing the World Cup. Probably feel like that Italian player, who was buttheaded by Zidane in that World Cup final.