04 August 2005

gyro breath

one thing i'll miss when we move to our new house, out in the boondocks, is this great Greek restaurant called Mad Greek Too. it's a second restaurant owned by the people who own Mad Greek. anyway, their gyros are amazing. it comes with a small salad (with 1000 islands dressing, which no salad would be complete without!) and a heap of basmati rice that tastes like heaven (if one actually existed).
well, my wife picked up some Mad Greek on her way home today and got me a gyro. oooh, doggy. the only drawback, for my wife, not me, is the horrible, garlicky, oniony, lamby gyro breath that i will be sporting all night. no amount of brushing or mouthwash will remove it, either. and, the only worse is about 3 hours from now when the gyro burps start working their way out. that's when the room clears.
but, it's oh so worth it.

well, just when i thought things were getting better at work, i lost my second employee in as many weeks. and, we were already down two people. so, the three remaining employees i have, plus me, will have to cover for seven people. this is an impossible task, and i imagine the defections will ripple on down until it's just me; curled up in the corner, in a fetal position, crying.
i have some interviews set up next week to fill the spots, but it'll take time to get them in, trained and ready to go. maybe i should jump ship while some of it is still above water? i don't know. it's all just so damn overwhelming.

2 comments:

Kat said...

When I was pregnant with Emma that's all I ate....At least three times a week. Love them! Haven't had one in years!

Sorry to hear work isn't getting better. It must be in the air. Bill is having overwhelming problems as well. I'll send good vibes. Send some back, okay? :)

j.b said...

cool. so i'm not the only one who (that?...nah, it's who) loves gyros. they really are amazing. the cucumber sauce, the lamb and tomato and onion. damn. i can do without the burps, but still.

Matt-
i wish i could get you out here working for me, bro. i really wish it were that easy.