02 August 2005

oops! or eating crow

well, my buddy Glenn W. Cooper has informed me that i made a rather glaring (and embarrassing) grammar error in a previous post written on July 31. the error was in the sentence:

"...the assholes that took the couch and chair just inconsiderately dumped..."

please forgive me my trespass. obviously, the sentence should have read:

"...the assholes who took the couch and chair just inconsiderately dumped..."

what's even more embarrassing is that Glenn has corrected me on more than one occasion about this very error in a number of my poems. for some reason i have a horrible that/who agreement issue, THAT no amount of correcting or humiliating can correct.

not to self: it's WHO when referring to a person or persons; THAT when referring to a thing!

well, i suppose i can take heart of the fact that none of us are perfect. my problem just resides in the fact that i think i am.


now, onto poetic matters. i received word today that two of my poems will be featured in the new issue of The Flatlands due out at the end of this month. it was a nice surprise after a busy day at work.

6 comments:

Kat said...

You're not perfect, justin? Really? :)

j.b said...

damn, casey:
your first post and you're zinging me. ouch! thanks for a kicking a brother when he's down. :)

as for being perfect, Kat, no, i am not. but, like i said, i have this terrible problem where i think i am. ;)

Kat said...

That's kind of funny because I am the type of person who just knows I'll never be perfect. I want to be...but it's not going to happen! :) But you don't seem like that type, justin. Not at all.

j.b said...

yeah, well, me too, to be honest. i don't actually think i'm perfect, just better than everyone else. ;)

Kat said...

You're not the perfect type but you sure are a guy, aren't you? ;)

j.b said...

i'm definitely a guy. a bit more "sensitive" and "aesthetic" than your typical sports-and-fried-foods guy (though i do like both sports and fried foods). still, i'm a guy all the same. :)